Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SDSU news

So I got into San Diego State's Masters in Television, Film, and New Media Program. I got the email today. Cara and I went out to celebrate. I'm encouraged and excited about the prospect- but I'm still a little unsure about what the right move is. I was just thinking a moment ago about sticking around San Jose and building up my reel, showing at a few festivals and then applying to the big schools. In terms of the big schools I only really applied to UCLA. But then again, how much directing will I actually do when I get there vs. being a somewhat big fish in another small pond? And do I, we, really have the money? Wouldn't I be better off just focusing on the art and not worrying so much about money... and the conversation continues, and continues. I'm still meeting with my buddy Pete to talk some business and just get our individual ideas and visions out there- I'm still excited about working with him, he's a great guy with an extensive photo and color background. And he can be funny sometimes too, which helps.

Post Script
Here's what happens when you google your name, I think it's brilliant:

No comments: