Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January in San Jose

So today was rainy and yesterday was rainy etc. It's been nice for a change, but it really is just a constant reminder that I need to put some new tires on the ole Escort. California drivers don't drive well in the rain. They either drive way too fast or way too slow- so I end up having to change lanes more than I'd like to- just to be nice. City driving sucks. Just yesterday I made the conclusion to stop being nice because no one (downtown) recognizes a turn signal and a careful glance anymore. They all honk and get mad because they're either in a hurry to get to work or to go home or to the bank or even to the mall. I don't know about you but when I drive to the mall I'm not in any big hurry. Downtown San Jose is like one big costco parking lot. OK that's an egg-zaduration but you know what I mean. And they tell me LA is way worse.

I've been watching a lot of The Office lately. Cara and I have it on Netflix. The situations are very funny and the way it's shot and edited is so well thought out. So that's been a trend for college students, now I guess. Is to get DVDs of a TV show and watch them all the way through. It is completely addictive because 1. there are no commercials and 2. each one is only twenty minutes. So you catch yourself saying after the fifth one, "what the heck, it's only another twenty minutes." And then you stop caring- which is the point I'm at right now. I don't kid myself. As soon as I get a DVD, I settle in and pop some popcorn and put my life on hold for two straight hours. And I don't feel bad about it at all. And you know what? Those end up being some of my most productive days- well not really, but the day after- definitely.

I've begun my last semester at San Jose State and I'm really excited about it. I think things have been going well so far, I've already got some books assigned that I need to buy. First days are really nice. Some teachers say, "here's my green sheet (hardly ever on green paper by the way) any questions? Good. See you next week." But some teachers assign reading so that you have to go out and put the books on your discover and pay it off by working Monday for a couple of weeks. Speaking of work it's been going well. I overhauled our budget and mapped out a course for us to get out of debt. Now that I've got a set schedule it shouldn't be too bad.

My buddy Nic from work put his music up on Myspace it's really good. I sang a few bars for him that he might put into the songs. We'll see. Just copy and paste the link into your browser: myspace.com/nicholasmyth

Well that's all for now. Hope everyone is well. Cara is a lot of fun to hang out with. She has very good ideas. She's like Steve Jobs. ( I'm like Bill Gates, I steal her good ideas and exploit them. :>)

No comments: