Thursday, March 6, 2008

UCLA MFA in Production/Directing Interview

Are you kidding me? I sat motionless as I read this email from UCLA requesting me for an interview. Even as I'm saying this I'm still telling myself not to think about it. Because it's probably not going to happen.

But UCLA? They want to meet me? For an interview? To direct films? Yes that's right, U-C-L-A, the film school that Coppola, Rob Reiner and Gore Verbinski came out of. The film school that Spielberg applied to and got rejected from 3 times. 500 people applied, and I am one of 61 finalists this year for 21 positions in the program. This has been my dream school from the beginning. Are you kidding me?

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Cara. Thank you Mom. Thank you Dad. Thank you Noel and Beth. Thank you Jen, Rory and Cecily and NB. Thank you Grandma. Thank you Dick and Dale Hancock. Thank you Mr. Downum. Thank you Marty...this list could go on forever.

BTW- Cara would like me to inform you that she is directing her first short film this coming week. I helped her write the script. It's called, Zoe Goes Green. She says, "it's a romantic comedy that will warm your heart and not the globe." I am her director of photography, assistant director, editor, and producer. Heck I might even make some music for it. I'm planning on it being good enough to get into festivals.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading. We love you- Phil & Cara

No comments: