So as it turns out, UCLA wasn't in the cards for me. But I'm not too disappointed, an abundance of cons strike the pros from my brain at this very moment: $100,000 debt, 4 years of my life, living in Hollywood, 6 day a week schedules, not directing as much as I want, missing Cara, not being able to hold down a job to pay rent, $100,000 debt - oh, did I mention that already?
It frees a few options up, the direction my life is going is no longer a squiggly arrow but one that's actually starting to point somewhere. My friend Peter Lindsey has proposed something interesting to me: starting a non-profit Christian film organization that makes films with moral backbones and positive messages. It's pretty much right in line with what I want to do.
I have yet to hear from San Diego State. Peter has a year or so left at school so we might just take off from the Bay Area and get a masters there while he finishes. Who knows? I really felt the hand of God working in my life on Saturday. Thank you all for your prayers and phone calls.
Love,
Phil
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Phil and CK,
We know that God has GREAT things for you, and we are so excited to see where he leads you!
Jen, the Rornato, CJ and NewB
Post a Comment